Posted by Doug on December 14, 2007
This is not quite a lock, but that's what we're shooting for. If you go to the makeshift front page of the new p-f-r and start clicking around, you'll find very, very few dead links. While we still have lots of things on the to-do list, it should be complete enough that we will be ready to make the switchover early next week.
A few things of interest that have been added since the last time I did a post like this:
- On these nifty player register pages, you can now click a box to hide the non-qualifiers on rate stats, so you don't have to sift through the Brad Maynards and Bubba Frankses to find the league leaders in completion percentage.
- All-Pro and Pro Bowl pages have been added for each season.
- A frivolities section has been added, which includes links to player registers by birth state and birth date, a random page feature which is kind of fun, and a few other odds and ends.
- The search box in the upper right hand corner of each page now works, and it's a lot better than the one at old p-f-r. In addition to player or coach names, you can now type things like "2004 nfl" or "leaders" or "broncos" and get the expected results. In just the few days it's been implemented, I've found myself frequently using the search box to quickly take me to a particular team page. E.g. "1983 cle"
- There is now a draft section. Right now, it just has draft round (not slot), and it only has players who eventually played in the NFL. While it's much better than no draft section at all, we realize that there is much room for improvement here. It's a high priority.