Those of you paying close attention to PFR noticed that an hour or so ago, the site's look and feel was tweaked ever so slightly. Baseball-Reference.com got a similar reset about a month ago and we will be moving onto our other sites at some point soon as well.
These are not huge changes, but there are some.
- Column headers can still be sorted, but clicking three times returns you to the default table
- The tooltips have been improved in their appearance.
- There is a glossary link above the stats tables that will show you all of the stats in the table in one place
- All of the tables on the site are now shareable. Clicking that SHARE link above the stats tables brings up a dialog that lets you create custom reports from the table. You can delete columns and rows and then get the output as html, a link, plain text, text for your favorite bulletin board and more
- Player pages now have a newsfeed at the top of the page that shows latest injury reports, news from KFFL, and player mentions in various blogs. You can add your blog to our newsfeeds and get links from your player mentions to PFR all in one feel swoop.
- Player navigation to things like gamelogs, comebacks, splits and the like have been modified to be more in line with what you might know from Baseball-Reference.com. They now appear just above the player stats on the player pages.
- The site should be faster now as we've tweaked the way the css and js is downloaded.
- Every player, team, and box score now has a Facebook "Like" button, so that you can let the world know your favorite players. Go crazy.
- The blog template has been tweaked a bit as well and you can have an image appear by your comments setting up a universal avatar at Gravatar.com.
- Box scores got an updated look.
- The search engine got an updated look and now also appears in a larger block on the front page.
- There are now more links to the College Football Site.
Feedback is always appreciated and you can directly file a bug via our Feedback Form.
This entry was posted on Monday, November 22nd, 2010 at 2:13 pm and is filed under Announcements, Insane ideas, P-F-R News, Totally Useless. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.