Football Statistics Data Coverage
Our data is as complete as we can get it, but in some cases we only have certain subsets of stats for certain years. Here's the coverage for everything:
- Team Stats - team season stats since 1920, team game stats since 1940.
- Player Stats - player season stats since 1920, player game stats since 1950. Full play-by-play since 1994, targets since 1992, snap counts since 2012, and game participation data since 1970.
- Game Stats - weather data since 1960, complete Vegas lines since 1978 and playoff Vegas lines since 1966 (Super Bowl era).
1950s Player Game StatsPassing
- Pass attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions.
- 1950-1959: Complete for all player games
- Rushing attempts, rushing yards, rushing touchdowns; Receptions, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns
- 1950-1952: Complete data for Hall of Famers and All-Pros. 100% coverage for Packers, 49ers, Lions, Rams and Browns; 90% for the Bears, Giants, Eagles, Steelers, Redskins and Cardinals; 75% for 1950 Colts, 1950 & 1951 Yanks, and 1952 Texans (defunct franchises)
- 1953-1959: 95% coverage; 5% (25 games) are nearly complete and are not missing any Hall of Famers or All-Pros